Design Tips for Blinds
Here's a guide to finding the right window treatment solution for your specific needs:
SUNSCREEN ROLLER BLINDS – THAT FILTER THE LIGHT
To control the exact light, breeze, view, and privacy the following options are ideal:
- Venetian blinds have slats adjustable to any angle to control light – from total closure for complete privacy to totally unrestricted view by hoisting right up.
- Wooden blinds have great insulation to retain warmth in winter to save power, in rich natural timber toning or stylish painted colours.
- PVC blinds are ideal for high moisture or wet environments such as kitchens or bathrooms.
- Aluminium blinds add finesse to a room with the ability to reflect the sun's direct light and heat during the day and keep heat in during the evening.
- Roman blinds add classical style to a room. They can be used as a simpler and cheaper alternative to curtains, or as a complement to them. When fully drawn, they allow an unhindered view.
BLOCKOUTBlocks out light so your room is dark for a restful sleep. Useful for nurseries and night shift workers:
- Blockout roller blinds - with a special lining that blocks light & UV Rays.
MOISTURE RESISTANTWithstands water and steam better than conventional roller blinds. Useful for kitchen or bathroom.
It’s important to get the right kind of blinds for a room that gets steamy or humid, as moisture can shorten their life:
- Blockout and Sunscreen roller blinds are made from resilient materials that stay in good condition for years despite moisture, steam, and humidity.
- PVC Venetian blinds are also very durable in moist places or environments with high temperature variation.
ROOM DIVIDERSBlinds can be a cost effective solution to split a large room into smaller living areas for privacy:
- Blockout roller blinds when left open let light into the whole space or closed give complete privacy.
KEY FEATURES OF ROLLER BLINDS
- Hard wearing and dirt-resistant fabric blinds
- Aluminium top profile
- Chain sidewinder, with optional chain colours
- Round, oval, or flat bottom rail has optional colours
- Suits inside (reveal) or outside (face-fit) mounts
- Easy to lift, installed in minutes with complete instructions
- Perfect fit roller blinds based on your measurements
- Chic designer colours and textures to match a wide range of decor
- Easy smooth operation with motorized blind option
ROLLER BLIND CLEANING
- Remove dust from roller blinds with vacuum cleaner or compressed air
- Clean roller blinds with sponge or soft brush dipped in soapy water, then rinse with clean water, and leave blind down until completely dry
- Do not scrub, use solvents or any abrasive substance that might damage the coating of the fabric on blinds.