How To Choose Colour and Patterns
Decide how you want the space to feel
Neutral and lighter shades:
- Gives feeling of a larger space.
- Perfect backdrop to showcase furniture or artwork.
- Moody atmosphere providing drama.
- Makes space appear smaller and cosier.
- Make a mood board of patterns so you can get an idea of what patterns will work well together.
- Pinterest is great for this!
Consider the size and scale of the design:
- To show the full potential of a fabric, smaller pieces (dining chairs/stools) won’t work as well.
- Larger spaces like a grand entrance way would suit a larger pattern than a small pattern.
Mix and matching patterns:
- Make sure a colour from one of the fabrics are included in the contrasting fabric in some way.
- Keep it consistent (colour, line or scale).
Sourcing: All contents are referred from JAMESDUNLOP TEXTILES.COM